Orders will be carried out in accordance with the following terms and conditions.
Any deviating provisions must be made in writing.
1. The prices quoted in the Contractor’s offer shall only remain valid if the order details, on the basis of which prices were quoted, remain unchanged. The Contractor’s prices do not contain value-added tax (VAT). The Contractor’s prices are ‘ex works’ prices. They do not include any packaging, freight, postage, insurance, and other shipping costs unless otherwise agreed.
2. Subsequent changes/modifications by order of the Customer including any machine downtimes caused by such changes/modifications will be charged to the Customer. Subsequent changes/modifications shall also include repetitions of trial prints requested by the Customer for reasons of minor deviations from the setting copy.
3. Sketches, drafts, proof sheets, proof copies, specimens and similar preparational work ordered by the Customer will by charged even if the order should not be placed. The provisions of Section IX shall apply accordingly.
1. Payments (net price plus applicable VAT) shall be effected without deductions within 30 calendar days following the date of invoice. In case of payment within 8 calendar days following the date of invoice, the Contractor grants a discount of 2% of the invoice amount less any costs for freight, postage, insurance or other shipping costs if such costs are shown on the invoice. The invoice will be issued on the day of delivery, part delivery or readiness to deliver (in cases, where the Customer must fetch goods at the Contractor’s place of business or in cases of default in acceptance). Bills of exchange will only be accepted subject to special agreement and on account of payment without any discounts being granted. Discounts and bank charges shall be borne by the Customer. These are to be paid by the Customer immediately. The Contractor shall not be liable for the timely presentation, protest, notice and return of a bill of exchange in case of non-payment unless he or his vicarious agent can be charged for acting with intent or gross negligence.
2. In cases, where extraordinarily big quantities of paper and cardboard, special materials or purchased materials and services were provided, these may subject to advance payments.
3. The Customer may only offset payable amounts against undisputed or legally effective claims. A Customer who qualifies as a full merchant (Vollkaufmann) as contemplated by the German Commercial Code (Handelsgesetzbuch, HGB) shall not be entitled to any rights of retention and offset. However, the rights according to Article 320 of the German Civil Code (Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch, BGB) shall remain in force, as long as and to the extent to which the Contractor fulfils his obligations according to Section VI 3.
IV. Default/delay in payment
1. If the fulfilment of a claim for payment should be put at risk because of a deterioration of the financial situation of the Customer that occurred or became known after the date the contract was signed, the Contractor may request advance payment or the immediate payment of all invoices with respect to which the Customer is in delay, retain undelivered goods, and discontinue the work on orders that are still in progress. The Contractor shall also be entitled to the foregoing if the Customer does not effect payment despite of a demand for payment substantiating that he is actually in delay.
2. In case of a delay in payment, interests on arrears ranging 2% above the respectively current discount rate of Deutsche Bundesbank shall be payable. This shall not exclude the assertion of any further claims for damages caused by delayed performance.
1. Delivery shall be done for the Customer by the Contractor using the due care; the Contractor’s liability shall, however, shall be limited to acts of intent and gross negligence.
2. Delivery dates shall only be valid if expressly confirmed by the Contractor. If a contract is made in writing the confirmation of the delivery date must also be made in writing.
3. If the Contractor should be in arrays with respect to his performance he shall be initially given an appropriate extension of time. After such an extension of time has ended fruitlessly, the Customer may withdraw from the contract. The provisions of Article 361 of the German Civil Code shall remain unaffected. Compensation for damage caused by delayed performance may only be claimed up to the amount of the contract value (services rendered for own account including purchased materials and services) unless such delay has been caused by the Contractor with intent or grossly negligent.
4. Plant interruptions, both at the Contractor’s plant and any supplier’s plant, in particular if caused by strike, lockout, war, revolt or any other cases of force majeure shall not entitle a party to terminate the contractual relationship. The frustration of contract principles shall remain unaffected.
5. The goods delivered shall remain in the Contractor’s property until any receivables of the Contractor to be paid by the Customer at the invoice date have been paid in full. The Customer shall only be allowed to resell the goods in the ordinary course of business. The Customer hereby assigns his receivables from resale to the Contractor. The Contractor hereby accepts this assignment.
If the value of the collaterals furnished to the Contractor exceeds his receivables by more than 20%, the Contractor shall be obliged to release collaterals to this extent on demand of the Contractor or a third party affected by such excessive collateral; the collaterals to be released shall be at Contractor’s option.
6. The Contractor is granted a right of retention in accordance with the provisions of article 369 of the German Civil Code with respect to the printing blocks, manuscripts, raw materials and other objects delivered by the Customer until any and all debts becoming due in the course of the business relation have been paid in full.
1. The Customer shall have to verify whether the goods delivered as well as preliminary and intermediate products comply with the requirements stipulated in the contract in each case. The risk of potential faults is therefore passed on to the Customer with the declaration of readiness for printing unless such faults only developed or could only be detected in the course of the production process following the declaration of readiness for printing. The same shall apply to all other release/acceptance declarations of the Customer concerning the further production.
2. Apparent defects must be reported by the Customer within a period of 2 weeks from the receipt of the goods in writing. Hidden defects that cannot be found in the course of the immediate examination and any resulting claims must be put forward within the statutory warranty period.
3. In case of justified claims, the Contractor is obliged to rectify defects and/or replace defective products at Contractor’s option and under exclusion of any other claims up to the value of the order unless a warranted quality is missing or the Contractor or his vicarious agents acted with intent or grossly negligent. The same shall apply in the case of a justified complaint with respect to the rectification or replacement. In case of delayed, deferred or failed rectification or replacement, the Customer may demand the reduction of the compensation (reduction) or the dissolution of the contract (cancellation). Cancellation shall be excluded if the defect reduces the value or fitness for use of the goods delivered only in an immaterial way. The provisions of Article 316 of the German Civil Code shall remain unaffected. Liability for consequential damages shall be excluded unless the Contractor or his vicarious agent acted with intent or grossly negligent.
If the contract involves commission processing or further processing of printed matter, the Contractor shall not be liable for deteriorations of the product to be processed developing in the course of such processing unless such deterioration has been caused by acts of intent or gross negligence.
4. Defects of a part of the goods delivered shall not entitle to complaints with respect to the whole delivery unless the part delivery is not of interest to the Customer.
5. In case of coloured reproductions in connection with all printing processes, minor deviations from the original may not be complained about or rejected. The same shall apply for the comparison between test prints (proofs) and print run productions.
6. The Contractor shall only be liable for deviations in the structure of the used material up to the amount of his own claims against the respective supplier. In such a case, the Contractor shall be released from his liability if he assigns his claims against the supplier(s) to the Customer. The Contractor shall be liable in the same way as a guarantor if claims against suppliers should not materialise due to faults of the Contractor or if such claims are not enforceable.
7. Excessive or short shipments of up to 10% of the ordered quantity (number of copies ordered) may not be complained about. The Customer will be charged for the actually delivered quantity. With deliveries consisting of special types of paper up to 1,000kg, the percentage shall increase to 20%, up to 2,000kg to 15%.
VII. Storage, insurance
1. Templates, raw materials, plate cylinders and other reusable materials and tools as well as semi-finished and finished goods will only be kept and stored beyond the delivery date subject to prior agreement and against particular compensation. The Contractor shall only be liable for acts of intent and gross negligence.
2. The aforementioned items – if provided by the Customer – shall be handled with due care until the delivery date. The Contractor shall only be liable for damages in case of acts of intent or gross negligence.
3. If the aforementioned items ought to be insured such insurance shall be taken out by the Customer himself.
VIII. Periodic/recurring work
Contracts concerning periodically recurring works may only be terminated with at least 3 months notice to the end of a month.
IX. Ownership, copyright
1. The operating items used by the Contractor to produce the contractual product, in particular films, printing blocks, lithographs, printing plates and live matter – even if separately charged for – shall remain in the Contractor’s property and will not be shipped.
2. The Customer shall be solely liable if the processing of his order should infringe any rights, in particular copyrights of a third party. The Customer shall indemnify the Contractor against any third-party claims arising from such an infringement of existing rights.
With the Customer’s consent, the Contractor may refer to his company on the contract products in an appropriate way. The Customer may only refuse to consent to this if he has a material interest in this fact.
XI. Widerrufsrecht – Widerrufsbelehrung
Sie können Ihre Vertragserklärung innerhalb von zwei Wochen ohne Angabe von Gründen in Textform (z.B. Brief, Fax, E-Mail) oder - wenn Ihnen die Sache vor Fristablauf überlassen wird - durch Rücksendung der Sache widerrufen. Die Frist beginnt nach Erhalt dieser Belehrung in Textform, jedoch nicht vor Eingang der Ware beim Empfänger und auch nicht vor der Erfüllung unserer Informationspflichten gemäß § 312 c Abs. 2 BGB in Verbindung mit § 1 Abs. 1, 2 und 4 BGB-InfoV und § 312 e Abs. 1 Satz 1 BGB in Verbindung mit § 3 BGB-InfoV. Zur Wahrung der Widerrufsfrist genügt die rechtzeitige Absendung des Widerrufs oder der Sache. Der Widerruf ist zu richten an: Krüger Druck+Verlag GmbH, Marktstraße 1, 66763 Dillingen, Faxnummer: 06831/975161, E-Mail: email@example.com.
Im Falle eines wirksamen Widerrufs sind die beiderseits empfangenen Leistungen zurückzugewähren und ggf. gezogene Nutzungen (z.B. Zinsen) herauszugeben. Können Sie uns die empfangene Leistung ganz oder teilweise nicht oder nur in verschlechtertem Zustand zurückgewähren, müssen Sie uns insoweit ggf. Wertersatz leisten. Bei der Überlassung von Sachen gilt dies nicht, wenn die Verschlechterung der Sache ausschließlich auf deren Prüfung – wie sie Ihnen etwa im Ladengeschäft möglich gewesen wäre – zurückzuführen ist. Im Übrigen können Sie die Pflicht zum Wertersatz für eine durch die bestimmungsgemäße Ingebrauchnahme der Sache entstandene Verschlechterung vermeiden, indem Sie die Sache nicht wie ihr Eigentum in Gebrauch nehmen und alles unterlassen, was deren Wert beeinträchtigt. Paketversandfähige Sachen sind auf unsere Gefahr zurückzusenden. Sie haben die Kosten der Rücksendung zu tragen, wenn die gelieferte Ware der bestellten entspricht und wenn der Preis der zurückzusendenden Sache einen Betrag von 40 Euro nicht übersteigt oder wenn Sie bei einem höheren Preis der Sache zum Zeitpunkt des Widerrufs noch nicht die Gegenleistung oder eine vertraglich vereinbarte Teilzahlung erbracht haben. Anderenfalls ist die Rücksendung für Sie kostenfrei. Nicht paketversandfähige Sachen werden bei Ihnen abgeholt. Verpflichtungen zur Erstattung von Zahlungen müssen innerhalb von 30 Tagen erfüllt werden. Die Frist beginnt für Sie mit der Absendung Ihrer Widerrufserklärung oder der Sache, für uns mit deren Empfang.
– Ende der Widerrufsbelehrung –
XII. Place of performance, place of jurisdiction, effectiveness
1. The place of performance and jurisdiction with respect to any claims and disputes arising from the contractual relationship including legal proceedings related to a bill of exchange or proceedings restricted to documentary evidence shall be Saarlouis/Landgericht Saarbrücken.
2. If one or more provisions should be or become ineffective this shall not affect the effectiveness of the remaining provisions.